Creamy Cajun Pasta
- 8 oz high protein pasta, like Barilla Protein Plus, or whole wheat pasta
- 2 lbs shrimp and cubed chicken breast mixture; ratios can be whatever you prefer I used 1/2 lb chicken breast and 1.5 lbs shrimp because that's what I had on hand
- 3 tsp Cajun Seasoning
- 1 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup fat free chicken stock
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup 1/2 sun dried tomatoes, not in oil (if you can only find ones in oil, wash they thoroughly)
- 2 green onions, chopped and some green parts reserved for garnish .
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- Season meats with 2 tsp cajun spice mix. Sear in large skillet in 2 or 3 batches to ensure they brown (about 1 minute a side for the shrimp and 3 minutes a side for the chicken). Put in a bowl and set aside.
- In the same skillet that you cooked the meat, add in teh chicken stock and simmer for a couple of minutes, scrapping up the browned bits from searing the meat.
- In a small bowl, mix together almond milk, cornstarch, and 1 tsp cajun seasoning, basil, and garlic. Add mixture to the pan and simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, green onions, and salt. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer until thickened even more, about 3 minutes.
- Turn heat to low and add in parmesan and cooked meats. Simmer for another minute, then add in pasta. Toss and continue to cook until everything is warmed through and sauce has absorbed into the pasta.